Dating and Sex Tips for Midlife Singles
It takes work, but the great thing is that this sometimes bumpy road leads you to your new partner. Here are a few dating tips for baby boomers and ways to help you get you started on your journey.
- Embrace Who You are Now: For post-50 singles, dating now is significantly different from that which you experienced in your 20s. You are wiser, stronger, have more confidence and are more fabulous in every way. Love who you are right now and your right partner will, too.
- Step Outside Your Comfort Zone: Are you looking for the same kind of partner as your ex? If you are, you may be missing out on some wonderful potential dating opportunities–opportunities to experience intimacy and find a loving relationship.
- Have a Personal Game Plan: Use strategies for meeting people to date. Create your own personal brand. Online dating, classes, Meetup groups and social events all have a place to up your dating game. Tell everyone you know that you are interested in dating again.
- Make your Online Dating Profile Shine: Use techniques to get your profile and photos noticed, immediately. Enhance your own personal brand. Stories sell and honesty is the best policy. Online dating sites don’t have to be a frightening experience!
- Online Dating should be called Online Meeting: Have fun and avoid be attached to the outcome. You really don’t know where you are going to meet your perfect partner. Have the expectation that it will happen according to divine timing.
- Listening Skills: Listening often makes the difference between whether someone likes you or not. What does it mean to be a good listener? Maintaining eye contact, leaning forward, nodding, smiling, expanding on an idea, asking for examples, paraphrasing what you’ve heard, probing for more details if appropriate, avoiding distractions, and using the person’s name. Many baby boomers who haven’t dated in a while forget this most basic communication skill.
- Flirting Skills: Regardless of the method you choose to meet singles, the one thing that will make dating easier is learning how to flirt. For some people, flirting is an innate skill – they just know how to do it. For others, they are no longer connected to this natural ability, fear the results or feel too embarrassed to even try. Singles Need to Flirt! Body language that is flirty lets others know you are open and approachable. You are demonstrating your friendliness by your movements or stance. And…look your best wherever you go.
- Look Your Best: Every Day. You’ll feel more confident and, in turn, changes your energy in a positive way. You’ll never know who you are going to meet on any given day!
- Learning Experience: Every date is a learning experience. You’ll learn about your date and, oftentimes, about yourself and what type of partner and relationship you truly want. For post-50 singles, dating can be a challenge; staying positive and committed to your goal of finding a wonderful relationship is critical.
- Be Willing: Midlife and baby-boomer singles who are reentering the dating world can feel lonely and vulnerable. Get dating support from family, friends, a therapist or dating coach. We all want you to have dating and relationship success!
Let’s talk about sex, baby!
Tips to help you make your sexual experience with a new partner great.
If you haven’t slept with someone new in years, having sex for the first time with a new partner can be exciting and also anxiety inducing. When you’re older, sex often happens sooner. If you hope that it’s part of a serious relationship, you’re more motivated to make sure it’s an erotic, mutually satisfying experience.
- Avoid sex too soon. Sex on the first or second date could mean a short relationship.
- Talk about health before you get intimate and plan safer sex with condoms. You show concern for yourself and your partner by using protection against any sexually transmitted diseases. Get tested for STDs.
- Precede sex with conversation and intention so you’ll be prepared – great underwear, lubrication, pills, condoms, etc.
- First time sex: Set the right mood. Take it slow before and during. Make this time memorable with caring, communication. Ask your partner likes, dislikes and how they like to be touched.
- Say complimentary things and make your partner feel desired and attractive. Confident about their desirability and admiration, your partner will feel sexy, uninhibited and connected to you.
- As your relationship deepens, talk about what having sex means to you. Is it an act of love, like or attraction? Be certain you are both on the same page.
Call 510-336-0904 or schedule a Complimentary Confidence with Dating Phone Session here.